PHIL COLLINS - Do You Remember..



We never talked about it 
But I hear the blame was mine 
I'd call you up to say I'm sorry 
But I wouldn't want to waste your time 

'Cause I love you, but I can't take any more 
There's a look I can't describe in your eyes 
Yes we could try, like we tried before 
But you keep on telling me those lies 

Do you remember... ? 

There seemed no way to make up 
'Cos it seemed your mind was set 
And the way you looked it told me 
It's a look I know I'll never forget 
You could've come over to my side 
You could've let me know 
You could've tried to see the distance between us 
But it seemed too far for you to go

Do you remember... ? 

Through all of my life 
Spite of all the pain 
You know how people are funny sometimes 
They just can't wait 
To get hurt again 

Do you remember... ? 

There are things we won't recall 
And feelings we'll never find 
It's taken so long to see it 
'Cos we never seemed to have the time 

There was always something more important to do 
More important to say 
But "I love you" wasn't one of those things 
And now it's too late 

Do you remember... ?